GERI Scholarship Application
The scholarship is for a student who meets the following criteria:
- Is currently completing 7th or 8th grade.
- Is able to attend the two week residential STAR camp either June 30 - July 13 or July 14 - July 28.
- Has a way to get to and from West Lafayette, Indiana on those dates.
- Can demonstrate giftedness using the GERI standard, which requires TWO of the following:
- School transcript showing a GPA of at least 3.5/4.0 (B+) either cumulative or current year.
- An individual or group intelligence test with a minimum score of 120
- National or state achievement or aptitude test results at or above the 90th percentile. (This is not the same as percentage correct.) Examples include ITBS, I-STEP, CAT, MAT8, Midwest Talent Search, SAT,
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor in talent area. Letter to address examples of student's performance, experience, and potential.
PSAT, ACT, or PLAN tests. Please submit test reports.
- Documentation of involvement in talent area, such as awards, certificates, service or recognition letters.
- Could only attend a gifted residential camp if granted a full scholarship.
One student will be selected.
If you are interested in pursuing this scholarship, please begin by reviewing last year's GERI brochure
to verify that the camp will be of interest.
The following is the scholarship timeline:
OCTOBER 1, 2018
| GERI Scholarship Available on CGCC website: www.ChicagoGiftedCommunity.org|
DECEMBER 20, 2018
All application components being mailed are in the mail
DECEMBER 31, 2018
Online application finalized by midnight.
All application components being emailed have been sent
JANUARY 23, 2019
All applicants notified of final status.
FEBRUARY 1, 2019
Winner may submit GERI application online. Classes fill up, so plan to apply early!