First Steps: What Parents of 8th, 9th and 10th Graders Need To Know Now About Getting Into Selective Colleges
(And why you shouldn't listen to the common -- but misguided -- advice that will set you down the wrong path)
Can't make it live? All registrants will receive a recording of the webinar.
Presented by Susan Goodkin: Susan is a national college consultant who helps students achieve their college dreams. This year alone, she has had students accepted to every Ivy and Stanford, including five students accepted to Stanford, three students accepted to Harvard, two to Princeton, two to Yale, three to Columbia and two to Brown. Her students have also been admitted to a host of other selective colleges throughout the country, including U. Chicago, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Berkeley, UCLA, Georgetown, NYU, UVA, Emory, Reed, Tufts and more.
Susan is a graduate of Harvard College, Harvard Law School and Oxford University, where she studied on a Rhodes Scholarship
This 90-minute webinar will cover a wide range of topics including:
- What really matters to colleges -- and what doesn't
- Mistakes to avoid when choosing classes
- SAT, ACT, PSAT and Subject Tests -- what parents need to know early (but often don't!)
- What it takes to get into selective colleges -- admissions are a different world than when you applied, parents!
- Why the standard advice about building a strong college resume is wrong
- Why thinking outside the box -- and outside of a student's high school -- is critical to planning extracurriculars
- Secrets for how students can build a great resume while still having time to sleep and play -- and without parents spending a fortune!
- The right -- and wrong -- question you should ask your student when starting to think about colleges
- Tips on searching for scholarships starting now -- there are plenty of scholarships for 9th and 10th graders!
Plus, a question and answer session
Early registrants will also get a special bonus: the recording of my hour-long webinar, "Everything Parents Need to Know About Finding Scholarships,"
-- a $49 value!
You'll also get a resource-filled hand-out
Information students can use for the next two years, including:
Resources to help students independently study their academic interests -- whatever they are!
The best resources for researching colleges
The best resources for finding scholarships
The best resources for finding academic competitions, in all subject areas, that will help your student stand out from the applicant pack!
This webinar will be offered on two different dates -- please register for just one program!
Sunday, May 19th, 4:00 pm PT, 5:00 MT, 6:00 CT, 7:00 ET
Saturday, May 25th, 11:00 am PT, 12 noon MT, 1:00 pm CT, 2:00 pm ET
All registrants will receive a recording of the webinar.
Registrants who register by the early discount deadline -- May 8th -- will also receive a recording of the webinar " Everything Parents Need to Know About Finding Scholarships ."
Registration for Sunday, May 19th webinar:
Early registration discount : register by Wednesday, May 8th, only $149
Register after May 8th, $179
Registration for Saturday, May 25th webinar:
Early registration discount: register by Wednesday, May 8th, only $149
Register after Wednesday, May 8th, $179
If you would like your log-in information to be sent to a different address than your Paypal address, please e-mail me to let me know!
Questions? E-mail me at Susan.Goodkin@LearningStrategiesCenter.com,
or call 805-642-6686 (9-6 PT).