Retreat for parents of children who are studying a musical instrument.
Date: Sunday, Nov. 3
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Where: MY Piano Study, 2809 Central St. in Evanston
Registration: $15 per parent (or set of parents, same family)
Email us: email@example.com
Limited seating – Please reserve your place by October 27th
2:00 PM Executive Functioning Skills at every age. What to expect and how to guide our children through home-practice by creating a nurturing routine and environment.
Speaker: Brandon Tessers
3:00 PM Breathing Exercises guided by Yoga Instructor Cydney Post
3:20 PM Parent Circle: Sharing Strategies for home practice – What works and what doesn’t!
1. HOW EXACTLY DO MUSIC LESSONS IMPACT BRAIN DEVELOPMENT?
2. CREATING THE RIGHT PRACTICE ATMOSPHERE AT HOME.
3. CREATING A PRACTICE ROUTINE AT HOME? OR LETTING THE CHILD PRACTICE WHENEVER HE FEELS LIKE IT?
4. HOW MUCH INVOLVEMENT SHOULD PARENTS HAVE DURING THE HOMEPRACTICING?
5. WHAT TO DO WHEN THE CHILD GETS FRUSTRATED?
6. WHEN TO KNOW WHEN THE CHILD ONLY WANTS TO PLAY THE SONGS HE “LIKES” OVER AND OVER INSTEAD OF PRACTICING NEW MATERIALS?
7. IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO QUIT WHEN IT GETS DIFFICULT?
8. ARE COMPETITIONS AND EXAMS NECESSARY?
9. MY CHILD DOESN’T LIKE TO PERFORM FOR OTHERS, SHOULD I MAKE HIM DO IT ANYWAY?