Midwest Academy for Gifted Education and the Chicago Gifted Community Center bring you a
Gifted Resource Fair
The fair is free, but please register so we can make the proper crowd preparations and so that we can notify you in case of weather related issues.
Learn about local education, enrichment, and services options.
Family-friendly event, however no child-care provided for workshops, should you wish to attend them. There will be kids’ activities.
Confirmed participants (others may be added):
- Chicago Gifted Community Center
- Davidson, including Young Scholars, DYS; Davidson Online, DAO
- Aileen Kelleher, LCSW Bloom Child and Teen Therapy
- Northwestern University Center for Talent Development
- Life Coaching with Dr. Krystal Revali
- Illinois Association for Gifted Children
Confirmed presentations (additional presentations may be added):
- 10:00AM Opening Announcements, Irene Gottlieb, MAGE.
- 10:10AM Accelerated Placement and Essa/Report Card, Denise Kuchta, Illinois Association for Gifted Children.
- 11:00AM Gifted Teen and Young Adult Life Coaching with Dr. Krystal Sodaitis. In addition, book a 15-minute free coaching session during the event HERE.
- 12:00PM Testing and Identification, with Dr. Jerry Schecter.
- 1:00PM Dyslexia and the Gifted, with Dr. Jessica Douglas.
- 1:35PM What is Talent Search, Rhoda Rosen, Northwestern CTD
Confirmed Kids’ activities (check back for updates):
- Mini Math-circle table
- Odyssey of the Mind spontaneous problem games
- There is a play area for preschoolers on site with a limited number of activities such as blocks, trains, and books.
Please see additional details on the speakers on the MAGE web site.
Interested in speaking, sponsoring, or having a table to highlight your organization’s services? We have a limited number of spaces and opportunities. You can also be listed in our service directory even if you do not attend. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Fair is centrally located in the City of Chicago at Milwaukee and Division at 1164 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago IL 60642. Parking Info: please use public transportation or SpotHero to secure a spot. There are some local street parking options including free and metered spots but be prepared to walk a few blocks. There is residential zoning on many of the surrounding streets.
Midwest Academy for Gifted Education, a parent and teacher not-for-profit start-up, is the only private gifted school in the City of Chicago. They focus only on the gifted population/IQ of 130+ and they teach in multi-age classrooms which allows them to differentiate properly. They provide individualized and personalized instruction with the right balance of rigor, without pressure. They top off a well-rounded education with personal communications and partnership with parents.
Registration is required for this free event. Please consider becoming a member of CGCC . CGCC is a non-profit all-volunteer organization that relies on member dues to support events such as these for gifted children and their families. Annual membership is $25.