- Learning Objective; How to design a good composition compared to a bad composition. The relationships between objects and using positive and negative shapes so to arrange the development of movement and balance that have meaningful placements that create interest for the viewer. Quick over view on simple perspective and depth in a piece.
- Learning Objective; Simple exercises creating swatches with the brush on Value and Color
- Learning Objective: Learning hands on with my instruction and examples I create. How to control the water and color with the brush using different techniques.
- Learning Objective; Arranging a Palette, Value with color.
- Learning Objective; Hands on exercises with my instruction using several small landscapes and different compositions for children that keep their interests. I created these exercises with a limited palette and composition for examples to learn how to control the water and color mixing values and to practice watercolor techniques on watercolor paper.
Teacher: Mio Brown Street
Minimum/maximum number of students: 4/10
Age range: all ages; adults welcome
Dick Blick;s Catalog 800-447-8192
Call Dick Blick's to order the correct brush for multi-use (the brush is vital in the Teaching of watercolor.) 1-800-447-8192
I also use the Japanese Sumi Master's techniques in the study of watercolor and they use the Bamboo brush .
Dick Blick's Catalog
Blick's White Goat Hair Bamboo Brushes on pg.247
1- *1 @ #G05402-1008 SIZE 8 Diameter 5/32 Length Â inch Cost $3.78
2 - *1 @ #G05402-1016 SIZE 16 Diameter 1/4 Length 1 inch Cost $4.18
Pg. #252 in the Dick Blick Catalog
3- #G03041-1010 A- Round 10- well Tray Cost $0.86
3a- 1* #G03041-1000 Plastic Tray Cover Cost $0.91
4- * 1 pad of Water color paper, I did prefer the Canson Watercolor paper 30 SHEETS. Cold press11x15 inch 140 lb. 300 g.( you can purchase this paper @ Walmart.) Cost $18.00
I did use and prefer this paper in my watercolor class at the College.
4-* 1 Reeves Watercolor 12/18 color set IN TUBES. Watercolor set at Walmart or Jo-Ann fabrics Cost $18.00
Total cost 45.73 All costs are estimates .
(If you can find cheaper watercolors, that will work just make sure you have at least 12 colors. Tubes ONLY.) All these supplies will be a stock for future classes on Watercolor
You can use substitute water color brands, important to have a Bamboo Brush and a 1" or 1.5 " wide flat brush for swiping techniques. It can be purchased at your local paint store or an art store . Canson watercolor paper is great for teaching watercolors;it can be purchased at Walmart Stores.
Mio Brown Street has a degree from The College of Du Page for Commercial Art , Design and Illustration, where shemaintained a 4.0 average grade. She teaches art at the Community College of Lake County, Adlai Stevenson High School, Montessori School and privately.
Family must register for LOGYC Coop in order to sign up for classes.