From the Museum of Science and Industry web site . . .
Teen Advisory Committee
Teens are invited to share their ideas on how MSI can better engage youth audiences in this new initiative.
Applications are now open for the 2020 Teen Advisory Committee! Submit your application by the March 6, 2020 deadline.
Join us this summer as we explore behind-the-scenes of the Museum’s exhibits, social media, special events, and more!
Our Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is seeking high school students who love science, to share their ideas on how MSI can better engage youth audiences. Members of TAC will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with senior Museum staff as they give feedback on a wide range of Museum content and discuss the museum’s future.
MSI provides engaging and interactive experiences for youth, and people of all ages, in science and science-related disciplines. TAC is your opportunity to help make our vision to inspire and motivate visitors in the fields of science, technology, engineering and medicine come true.
- Youth ages 14–17 by July 9, 2020
- Have access to the internet for online assignments
- Be able to attend ALL meetings at MSI as scheduled
Teen Advisory Committee members are required to attend four meetings, complete short online tasks before each meeting, and provide feedback on a variety of content topics. Members should be comfortable speaking in front of a group of their peers and senior Museum management.
MANDATORY meetings (from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.):
- Thursday, July 9
- Thursday, July 16
- Thursday, July 23
- Thursday, July 30
All TAC members will receive:
- 20 service learning hours
- $50 Amazon or Target gift card
- A voucher to visit MSI separately with friends and family (five people maximum)
Also, participating in TAC will look great on resumes and college applications!
- Applications open from January 13 – March 6, 2020
- Applications/essays reviewed from March 9 – March 27, 2020
- New committee members notified via email by Friday, April 3, 2020
Click here for complete details.